ARaction is crafted by people who look back on more than ten years of experience in exhibition design – we know how a typical exhibition workflow works, how to guide visitors through real space and how to embed real-world objects into an enthralling scenography. We are media designers, software and web developers and language experts, and are supported by a legal expert in administrative tasks.
An authoring tool helps you to create interactive multimedia experiences with ease. ARaction is such a tool, specialized in creating Augmented Reality presentations. It does all the heavy lifting for you, processes all your data and media elements in the background and projects your virtual elements into reality. Meanwhile you can focus on what really matters: the structure and content of your AR presentation.
Have you ever cut grass without a lawnmower? Or baked a cake without a mixer? Of course, it is possible to do things manually – but when it comes to stunning augmented reality presentations, ARaction will do the job much easier and faster. By using ARaction you can cut down up to 95% of the development costs for your AR presentation!
Besides convenience, money and speed, there is one other major advantage that comes with ARaction: flexibility! With our authoring software it is much easier to reuse your content in future presentations or display it on different devices.
Our ARaction WP plugin functions as a fully fledged and extremely versatile Content Management System (CMS) for Augmented Reality (AR). It makes it very easy to edit your presentations, assign multimedia content to markers, and distribute it to a large number of devices. For big AR applications, e.g. if you want to use Augmented Reality in museums, our WordPress plugin is a good deal safer. And the best thing: By using WordPress we benefit from an almost limitless ecosystem – if you want to display some special interactive HTML content in your AR presentation (e.g. a quiz or an animated slider) chances are that someone already did the job for you and provides a plugin for that. This will reduce your development costs and save a lot of time!
Additionally, our WordPress plugin has the ability to convert WP posts or pages to static HTML, which can then be displayed in Augmented Reality – even if your devices are offline.
To sum it up:
With ARaction and our WordPress plugin, creating Augmented Reality has become incredibly easy!
ARaction WordPress plugin will be available soon. We will then publish the download link here.
ARaction is made for anyone who wants to create professional Augmented Reality presentations. When developing ARaction, we primarily had a professional target group in mind: curators, media designers, exhibition designers, architects, communication specialists, lecturers, teachers, and people with a background in IT and technology sectors.
Of course, ARaction can also be used by students, NGOs or private people who want to impress with advanced AR presentations. Find out more about typical areas of application for ARaction here.
- With the FREE version, you can test ARaction and get familiar with the concept of AR presentations.
- The BASIC version is perfect for customers who want to use ARaction on a few devices only. BASIC users will have access to our most important features and it is the most a cost-effective solution to create AR presentations (one-time payment).
- If you have a bigger project in mind in which you want to change content regularly on many devices, we recommend ARaction PRO (billed monthly). With ARaction PRO you will have access to advanced synchronizing features and our ARaction WordPress plugin for managing your content. Additionally, with ARaction PRO you have access to our design and development services and will get premium support!
ARaction mainly offers two things:
1. Software: A sophisticated computer program for creating advanced Augmented Reality presentations – with a big variety of features and tools for private and professional customers.
2. Services: Project management, design, content creation, customization, special development, technology consulting and hardware rental for Augmented Reality applications.
Basically you can do four things with ARaction:
- Scan your presentation space: ARaction will automatically create a 3D model of your environment and remember where your objects, floors, doors, windows etc. are located.
- Add virtual markers: You can place virtual markers all over your space that can be seen with a mobile device (e.g. a smartphone or mixed reality headset).
- Add multimedia content to your markers: You can now decide what happens when someone gets close to a marker or touches it – e.g. display videos, audio, text, or even interactive 3D models perfectly matched in real space!
- Customize your AR experience: Change the look and behavior of your presentation, add trigger areas/events or use our ARaction WordPress plugin (PRO version only) to manage and distribute your content.
- ARaction is currently compatible with Google Tango devices.
- We plan to bring it to Google’s ARCore devices in early 2018. Our goal is to establish ARaction as the industry standard authoring tool and content management system for AR presentations with ARCore.
- ARKit support will eventually follow in 2018.
- Support for Microsoft HoloLense is available for a single development fee.
Please also check ARaction system requirements.
Smartphones with Tango
ARaction uses the state-of-the-art 3D-scanning and indoor localization technology from Google, called Tango. That is why you can achieve the best ARaction experience with smartphones that support Google Tango.
If you do not own a Tango device yet or if you need several devices for your project, we will be happy to rent them out to you. Just contact us.
Smartphones with ARCore
In 2018 ARaction will be made available on ARCore devices. (Please consider that some Tango-dependend ARaction features might not be available.) Choose one of the following devices:
Requirements for CMS use
Do you want to use ARaction professionally, e.g. to edit content via a content management system (CMS) and synchronize all your devices? Then you will need an ARaction PRO license and a web server with an up-to-date version of WordPress (at least v. 4.7.2). If you do not have a web server, we can offer you a completely hosted solution on our servers – just give us a call.
ARaction can be used anywhere to create AR presentations without any physical markers or network infrastructure. Show your products to customers, explain the use of industry machines to your employees directly at their place of work, or show digital reconstructions in your museum – ARaction is the perfect tool whenever you want to add digital content to real world objects.
To get an overview of possible fields of application, have a look here.
ARaction combines technical innovations that have never been combined before:
- It is the world’s first professional authoring tool for AR presentations that also offers an easy to use content management system on the basis of WordPress.
- It does not need any physical markers, no Bluetooth beacons, no WiFi infrastructure, no QR codes – and thereby safes a lot of maintenance costs, time and money.
- It seamlessly connects a powerful 3D engine (Unity 3D) with state-of-the-art AR technology (like Tango and ARCore).
To sum it up: We make it incredibly easy and efficient to create advanced AR presentations.
Lets draw a comparison to explain this:
Guess you know Microsoft PowerPoint? Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular presentation program. You use it to create your presentations and show them live to your audience.
ARaction works quite similarly: You prepare presentations on a smartphone in “Edit Mode”, switch to “Presentation Mode” and hand it over to your audience. And this is where the magic happens: Your audience can walk through your rooms and explore your content, like video, audio, text, or even real-scale 3D models on their own.
In technical terms: ARaction is a unique and advanced authoring tool for Augmented Reality presentations.
AR is the acronym for Augmented Reality.
Wikipedia describes AR as “[…] a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are “augmented” by computer-generated or extracted real-world sensory input such as sound, video, graphics […] or GPS data.”
In simple terms: we project virtual objects into the real world!